Dump file browser

Morning All,

I need to delve into the bowels of a dump file created by 9i exp. I have the Toad Export file browser to do this, but given that the exp file is over 22gb, don’t ask, I’m blowing out the limits of my desktop I’m afraid. And for once, I have a decent desktop!

I’m wondering if there’s a document, which describes the innards of an exp file, that is available to enable me to extract the information I need from the exp file. There’s a huge table close to the start of the file and getting past nearly a billion rows takes some time!

I know I can use the SHOW=Y and INDEXFILE=whatever to extract the DDL but this created a blank REM statement apparently for each row of data in the table(s) being skipped. I tried this with a NOROWS copy of the file yesterday, that was 5 Gb and I aborted it when I had a file that was over 16gb in size, mostly just lines consisting of REM.

My ideal intention would be to recreate a number of separate exp format files using the huge one, and this would enable me to run imports in parallel without having to waste hours and hours skipping the stuff I don’t need.

As ever, any information gratefully received. Thanks.

And I’m not looking for any utilities that can do stuff like this, sorry. I can’t install any new software, I have to build my own! :wink:

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Sorry,

this is all on Windows “in the Azure cloud”. My current nightmare! :wink:

Hey Norm. I just sent a reply to you by email. I have about 4 email addresses for you - I hope I picked the right one! Send me an email if you didn’t get it.

Hi John,

toad (at) dunbar (hyphen) it (dot) co (dot) uk is valid. Thanks.

I did get your email though, much appreciated. It seems I may be unable to do what I need to do. :frowning:

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

Hi John,

toad (at) dunbar (hyphen) it (dot) co (dot) uk is valid. Thanks.

I did get your email though, much appreciated. It seems I may be unable to do what I need to do. :frowning:

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]