Email on error not working

I purposely broke my SQL so TOAD would error so I could check the email on error function. I have tried it with multiple users as senders. I have tried multiple receivers. I have tried telneting and that seems to authenticate fine, although at first I had authentication turned off. It fails either authenticate or not, just different errors. I’ll attach both unauthenticated and authenticate verbose logs. Thanks for the help

Ernest

Authenticated -Equip-Purchasing.log (7.23 KB)

UNauthenticate-Equip-Purchasing.log (10.2 KB)

It’s interesting. Are you able to send an email using SendEmailActivity with the same SMTP server and authentication method?

Igor.

I guess I not sure what “SendEmailActivity” is. Is that a TOAD function because I can’t find it. and it wasn’t a choice in my smtp server…

Sorry, I meant “Send Email” activity which can be found under File Activities section of the Automation designer toolbox.

The reason I’m asking to try it is because both Send Email activity and sending error email use the same mechanism for sending emails. Making sure that both working the same way or vice versa, working differently would kind of narrow our investigation.

Igor.

no. its doesn’t work when I try to send email…I basically get the same errors…

The unauthenicated email log is the correct way to set up SMTP email. You however, need to speak with your IT and get them to allow you to use SMTP.

Here is the error.

Error: The server rejected the specified sender email address. The server responded: 454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server…

Debbie

The unauthenicated email log is the correct way to set up SMTP email. You however, need to speak with your IT and get them to allow you to use SMTP.

Here is the error.

Error: The server rejected the specified sender email address. The server responded: 454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to submit mail to this server…

Debbie