Exception during closing of the application and during RE from MSSQL 2005

Hi,

I get an exception during each (or almost each) closing of the TDM.
I’ve ignored these error messages.
But now I’ve got an exception also during reverse enginnering of an very small MSSQL 2005 database to an empty TDM file. I’ve tried to change OleDbProvider, to import only one table, save the empty TDM file before rev.eng., create the source database again, … but I always get an application exception message and I’m not able to import.

I alwys see in the log

Reversing views…
Reversing triggers…

Reversing permissions…
Disconected from database
<And now I get after about 5 secons an exception “Stack overflow”.>

I have an other MSSQL 2005 database where the Reverse engineering works properly. But this one that contains only 9 tables without any data causes always an exception and application crash.

I use TDM 3.2.5.8 and Win Vista 32-b.

What can I do with that?
If you want I can send you the Eureka Log.

With the best regards
Lada

Hi Lada,

Yes, please send us the complete Eurekalog.
Thanks!

(modeling@quest.com)

Regards,

Vladka

Hi,

I’ve just sent it.

Regards

Lada

Got it. Thanks!
We’ll have a look. As soon as I know more, I’ll write.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Lada,

Please try to do the following:

1. Close TDM.
  2. Delete your TDM.txe file. Default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\use\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs.
  3. Start TDM and close TDM - to verify the problem while closing the application.
  4. Open TDM again and try to do the RE.

Does it help?

If not, please try to check out the problem in latest Beta if you can. Please let us know the result.
Note: Full v. and Beta can be installed on one machine. Beta uses different config and other files.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hi,

I deleted my file “C:\Users\lada\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Configs\TDM.txe” (Vista) and it works now. It means no exception during saving as well as no exception during reverse engineering.

Thank you.

With the best regards

Lada

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team