Exception when Saving (CTRL + S) on Toad 15.0 Beta

Hello!

I've installed the newest Beta today and there seems to be an exception, when I try to press CTRL + S to save a new script.

Steps:

1. Open a new tab in an editor window
  2. type anything (in my case a SQL script)
  3. try to save the file via hotkeys CTRL+S or the save button (both cause the same exception

The exception itself

I've raised a similar issue with code templates (Toad 14.1.120 - Exception on Code Template) but it has been successfully ignored so far... :wink:

cheers!

edit: the issue seems to be persisten and not random.
I've opened a completely new instance of Toad 15.0 Beta and the issue immediately re-occurs

Hi Kuvick,

Thanks for the bug report. I can't reproduce it, but I have an idea of what's causing it. Did you customize your editor toolbar in any way? If so, please let me know how you customized it. Right-click -> Restore toolbar defaults should fix it.

As for the Code Template bug - I've seen that one in our error logs and would love to fix it, but I have never been able to reproduce it or determine the cause. If you can provide any detailed steps to make it consistently happen, please do.

Actually, if you send me your user files folder, that may help with both of these. Steps to do that as well as my email address are here.

Thanks

-John

Hi John!

Thanks for the quick reply!
I've sent you the folder as requested, the Email seems to have been delivered, because it didn't bounce.

I'd love to provide steps on how to reproduce the code template bug, but so far I have been unable to find a pattern. It just occurs so randomly. :frowning:
I hope my user files will help to maybe kill two birds with one stone.

Cheers,
Kuvick

Thanks. I was able to reproduce and fix the CTRL+S bug with your user files folder.

No luck with Code Templates though. I'll keep trying.

Wow, that was fast! Thank you very much! I am looking forward to the next beta release! :smiley: