Export to Fixed Width File

How can I specify the widths of the columns using the export wizard and then save these widths to a template file?

If I use the right-click menu on the grid to access the Export Wizard, I can set the column widths, but I can not save the template, and if I access the Export Wizard from Tools->Export->Export Wizard, I can save the template, but I never see the screen to set the column widths.

Thanks,

Jon

What version of TDA are you using? I just checked this in TDA 2.5.1 and can set column widths in both cases. And when you open Wizard from Tools is it set to Fixed Column width? And are you exporting a table or a query? Individual column widths are only available when exporting a table. Although it seems to me we could add this for a query. If you are are using a query, let me know and I will enter enhancement request.

Debbie

Thanks for the quick response!

We have a query we run frequently and export to a Fixed Width File. It would be great if you could extend that feature to support queries also.

Thanks,

Jon

Okay. Thanks for the confirmation. I have entered CR 69,876 for the enhancement. It won’t make it for the 2.6 release but will for 3.0.

Debbie