F4 on Packaged method goes to wrong line

The new editor is pretty nice looking so far. I am looking forward to playing with it more to test some of the new functionality.

One thing I’ve found in the latest beta is when I press F4 on a packaged method in a long package I have (31,22 lines), the describe window opens to the wrong line (1967 instead of 1926 where that procedure starts). The same thing happens when I use the navigator in that window to bring me to a specific method, though when I actually open the file in the editor and use the navigator, it brings me to the correct line.

When I try the same thing on much shorter packages, I am brought to the correct line as well.

Thanks for looking into this!

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I’m having a bit of a brain fart. How are you getting the describe window to jump to your method? When I describe a package procedure from the Editor the Describe
window opens and the navigator is on the correct procedure, but the right side editor focus is on the first line.

From: phyllis.helton_1150 [mailto:bounce-phyllishelton_1150@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:21 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] F4 on Packaged method goes to wrong line

F4 on Packaged method goes to wrong line

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150

The new editor is pretty nice looking so far. I am looking forward to playing with it more to test some of the new functionality.

One thing I’ve found in the latest beta is when I press F4 on a packaged method in a long package I have (31,22 lines), the describe window opens to the wrong line (1967 instead
of 1926 where that procedure starts). The same thing happens when I use the navigator in that window to bring me to a specific method, though when I actually open the file in the editor and use the navigator, it brings me to the correct line.

When I try the same thing on much shorter packages, I am brought to the correct line as well.

Thanks for looking into this!

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics

Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

http://04j0.mjt.lu/o/04j0/4443c98b/v6o1sjwe.gif