F5 not working after multiple F9s across multiple editors

Howdy!

In 17.0.22 (need to update), I have 3 connections -- A, B, C -- and each has their own SB and Editor windows. Each Editor has at least one tab with a script of dozens of DML/DCL/DDL statements. Threaded queries option is enabled. Commit/Rollback all tabs option is disabled. Each statement is executed with F9. While a statement is running in one Editor/tab, I flip to another and F9 the next statement. The single execution is required, as there are pauses for manual validation in between some of the statements.

In Editors for B & C, I eventually need to switch the connection to A, run some statements as above, and at some point, switch the connection back to run more.

All worked super snazzy! I then opened a new tab on connection A and pasted maybe 30 INSERT statements. When I attempted to run them with F5, I got no popup timer/counter, but the execution timer in the lower left hand of the window said "44853 days 13:20:51 hours". Now, Uncle Larry tells us ExaCS/RAC in OCI is fast, so I'm pretty sure the INSERTs didn't take almost 123 years to run. Once I closed all windows and restarted Toad, the script executed with F5 as expected. As the tables have PKs on them, the original execution could not have run. Whew!

Not sure I can recreate this, but thought I'd plop the issue here, just in case it could be helpful...

Thanks!
Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the details, and I'm glad it worked after a restart, but the only thing I have to offer is a blank stare.

-John

:smiley:

I figured it was a very obscure scenario, but can't hurt to post it here. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Rich

1 Like