FastReport - Print If Empty - Prints anyway

I am using fast report and developed a report that includes groupings. If there is no detail for the group, I do not want it to print a blank line. However, it is printing a blank line.

Even if I set “PrintIfEmpty” to false, it is still printing the blank line.

Anyone run into this, or have suggestions?

I am running Toad for Oracle v12.5.0.99

Can you show a screen shot of your report designer, showing the option you are talking about?

Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:56 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] FastReport - Print If Empty - Prints anyway

FastReport - Print If Empty - Prints anyway

Thread created by DSwope

I am using fast report and developed a report that includes groupings. If there is no detail for the group, I do not want it to print a blank line. However, it is printing a blank line.

Even if I set “PrintIfEmpty” to false, it is still printing the blank line.

Anyone run into this, or have suggestions?

I am running Toad for Oracle v12.5.0.99

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry for the late response - I figured out a work around - but it is a "Pain in the Query"

I would much rather figure out what I am doing wrong, or what the fix might be.

That option is working for me. If you have the SCOTT schema installed, check out the Reports Manager. There is a built-in report there called Scott Dept. With that option unchecked (the default), department 40 (Boston) is excluded from the report because there aren’t any employees there. If I edit the report design and check PrintDetailIfEmpty, then department 40 shows up. I am toggling this setting on the master dataset, not the detail.

If that doesn’t help, work up a small example (table DDL, data, and fr3 file) for me and I’ll help you fix it.