Toad World® Forums

Freeware : license expired (again) 7.2

I' ve the same problem with Toad for DB2 7.2 FREEWARE.
There is a solution for this issue?

Thanks

Same here.. tried uninstalling and reinstalling again but the same message

Any solution for this issue

The sad thing is that the solution/workaround is to start using other software and for me, every day I have to spend in some other solution the harder it will be to go back to Toad. Sure, for other databases I still use Toad.

1 Like

As it has been with all the previous versions of the freeware version it is tied to expire on a certain date, which seems to be today 2021.05.21
The only workaround is to change your system date to be before today, start Toad...

This has also been reported in:

I had version 7.1 it stopped working when 7.2 came out.
And 7.2 doesn't work.
It has happened before ..

When this happens, here's a temporary hack workaround that works for me:

1. Stop any time services you have (Hyper V time sync, windows Time, etc.)
  2. Open the time/date in the toolbar and set the date back to something like May 7th, 2021
  3. Launch Toad
  4. Restore your date to today (restart the time services you stopped)
    As long as you don't re-start Toad, it will let you use it.
1 Like

You can also run a powershell script as administrator to do this.

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser
stop-service w32time
set-date -date 21-05-01
Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for SQL Server\toad.exe"
start-sleep -s 10
start-service w32time
W32tm /resync /force
exit

2 Likes

Unfortuanetly, the only way to keep using Toad for the time being is to uninstall 7.2 freeware and install the 30 day trial of 7.2. Hope that the new freeware version comes out before the 30 day period ends.

Same message for me (7.2.0.233). :frowning:

Any news?
What about beta version?

1 Like

Yeah, Beta version would be a good solution.
But i alerady send request to my support, that i need MS SQL Management Studio. I can't wait for Toad.

2 Likes

Still no fix or new freeware version or any response from the Toad team?

@Debbie_Peabody

It's been several days now. I would be interested in purchasing Toad for SQL but the price is extremely too high. The only way to get the SQL Optimizer is the Xpert or higher edition and even the Pro Edition is almost 4x too expensive. Not everyone out there is using these products because they are part of a rich company and yet would like to use the features.

Are there any freeware site message/license keys you could post? Any fixes available soon? Any deep discounts for purchasing?

Effective immediately, Toad for SQL Server Free Edition is no longer available. Given that the Free Edition has officially expired for all users, we do recognize that this is a rather late announcement for the change and apologize that we did not deliver the message sooner.

Quest is offering a special one-time offer, good through August 31st, 2021, that will allow any Toad for SQL Server Free Edition user to purchase a single, one-year term license of Toad for SQL Server Professional Edition at 70% off. Click here to access the coupon on the Quest eStore.

If you would like to review the differences between the Free and Professional Edition, you can find those here, but also know that every Free Edition user is entitled to also try the Professional Edition, which can be download for a 30-day trial here.

@Richard.Schiller How about upping the ante to the Xpert edition for the same price so that we can actually get the SQL Optimizer features?

Hi Terry,

No promises, but I'll look into what we might be able to do...

So disappointed by this decision :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Yes, very disappointing. Will have to think about other products we do have licensed with Quest.

1 Like