FW: [TOADSQL] any ideas on defining greatest character

I posted a question to the TOADSQL list because it was SQL related rather than Toad relate.

I got the following message back (see below).

Has our TOADSQL list been hijacked and turned into a TOAD for MySQL list?

One of my coworkers has to do the above mentioned upgrade.
The problem is that in 9.6 the queries (history/named/personal) were stored in savedsql.xml file and it looks like 10.1 does not convert them.
Is it possible to somehow convert savedsql.xml into savedsql.dat or he has to upgrade to TOAD 9.7 first before upgrading to 10.1

Many thanks

Very funny that you mention this… I’m looking at this very issue right now as it’s been logged by someone else. Officially I think that our supported upgrade policy is that we can upgrade from 2 releases back. Toad 9.6 used savedsql.dat file so that would mean that upgrading from SavedSQL.xml is not supported. I’ll see if the upgrade code is still in place. If it is, and it’s an easy fix then I will fix it, otherwise they may need to do an intermediate upgrade to handle this. If they can trust that I will keep their SQL safe then email savedsql.xml to me offline (in its entirety, no modifying at all) and I can run it through 9.7 to convert it and I will email the savedsql.dat file back.

Michael

Thanks, Michael.

Apparently just copying the file to the right directory worked.
He is ok now.

Has our TOADSQL list been hijacked and turned into a TOAD for MySQL list?

Hey Erwin… I didn’t get the message you did, but it’s below
just in case you didn’t get the response I sent. My apologies to everyone
else with regards a toadsql message in the toad group.

I should note the following was done on Oracle Database 10g, Release 10.2.0.4.0
– 64bit Production using SQLPlus Release 10.2.0.1.0.

I tried a binary search strategy but that doesn’t necessarily work. In
straight SQL, 4200000000 fails with an error of “ORA-29275: partial
multibyte character”.

However, when loading up a varchar2 field, that’s a valid value. I suppose
one could do a manual binary search to identify what the current largest maximum
for SQL is. That would raise the question of what requirements you have to
define a “maximum”.

I should note the link you provided actually identifies “f4 80 8f
bf” as a maximum if you select as you did but additionally make sure the
“code positions per page” is set to 1024 rather than 256. However,
if you add 1 to that number, that’s also a valid SQL chr number.

Additional points of curiosity:

Morning Roger,

Hey Erwin... I didn't get the message you did, but it's below
just in case you didn't get the response I sent. My
apologies to everyone else with regards a toadsql message in
the toad group.

funnily enough, I don't see your reply to Erwin on ToadSQL. Erwin's post
is/was the last one that I have received from ToadSQL.

Hmmm.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Hey Norm!

funnily enough, I don't see your reply to Erwin on ToadSQL

Perhaps it’s simply a case of Yahoo time flux again and you’ll get
it two days ago :wink:

Roger

George,

In what directory should the savedsql.xml file be copied?

Thanks