Hi, I have a question: Is there a way to install TIC 4.3. without having IIS 8.0 in the process ?

Is there a way to install TIC 4.3. without having IIS 8.0 in the process ?

Hi Rod,

Do you mean you have IIS already in your enviroment and you want to run TIC on it instead of our distributed IIS Express 8.0?

Yes, that is correct. This is to utilize an existing IIS environment. When attempting to utilize IIS for web services, the splash/login page will come up, but when using the correct admin user and password, the error received is: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on receive.

Following is the instruction on how to reuse the legacy IIS:

1. Let installer continue to install IIS Express when install TIC Web Server.
  2. After install successfully, please go to Service to stop Toad Web Server(Toad Intelligence Central) and change its startup type to Disabled.
  3. And then customer is able to deploy the TIC Web Server to IIS. The site content path is the installation path of Toad Intelligence Central Web Server, normally, it’s C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Intelligence Central Web Server (in 3.3 TIC, in previous version, it should be Dell instead of Quest Software)
    IMPORTANT:

Customer must make sure below features on IIS have been enabled:

• Common HTTP Feature

• Default Document
    • HTTP Errors
    • Static Content
      Application Development
  • .NET Extensibility 4.5

• ASP.NET 4.5

• ISAPI Extensions

• ISAPI Filters

You can find the instuction in TIC 4.3 Deployment Guide document too.

Please let me know if you have any problem during the operation.

Thanks for the reply, all those steps had already been followed during a service request with support. I've attached a screenshot for proof and/or reference. Thanks.
TIC_IIS_Components_Installed.jpeg

Can you get the support bundle and send to me?

I can see how to do that in the Quest Products via the drop-down’s but how would you do that with the Web Server Portal? Is there additional logging to enable in IIS 8.5 or something that would help identify where the issue is?

I need to check our log first.

How to generate support bundle in web portal:

1. Login TIC Web Portal.

2. Click the icon of ‘i’ on the top right corner.

3. Select the Contact tab and click the Generate a support bundle link.

If possible, please include your IIS log of TIC site(the failure of your trying). It would be in %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles or %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\LogFiles.

You can reply me with private post or send to my mail box directly(gavin.lin@quest.com).