How to eliminate or speed up window sliding without pinning?

Hello, I’m new to Toad, having come over from the ranks of DBArtisan. There are a few user interface issues I’m having that look like they could get real aggravating, and I’m hoping someone can give me some hints here.

One issue is switching quickly between query and results. With the Data Grid unpinned, when I execute a query the Data Grid slides into view, but takes 1-2 seconds to do so. That’s a big waste of time when you’re working fast. Any way to eliminate the slide effect and have it just appear instantly? Is there a registry hack to speed it up? Pinning is not an option, because it severely diminishes the window size for both query and results and makes it difficult to work with. Switching in DBArtisan between nearly full screen query and nearly full screen results (which are laid out as two tabs) was instantaneous with no delay - looking for something similar in Toad.

Have you tried shift-f2 …

Thank you Bert, that is doing what I hoped for, or at least it’s closer. Now I’ve got to figure out how to make that come up automatically with each execution instead of requiring a special keyboard shortcut each time.

Remember that we do have the idea pond. users can go there and add recommendations for things like “wish could create auto event for when shift-f2 fires”. Then either dev team will just do it and put in our weekly beta build free and publicly avaiable (sign up for beta that is). If not, then users vote on it to stress how real world useful it would be - and then often it gets into beta. And the release notes for a new version will list idea pond ideas that made it into the final product. So don’t settle for 80% - feel free to add idea pond suggestions :slight_smile:

Uncheck "Scroll pinned windows at X millisecs" option in View|Options|Windows.

On 03/12/2014 08:45 AM, pwatkins wrote:

How to eliminate or speed up window sliding without pinning?

Thread created by pwatkins
Hello, I'm new to Toad, having come over from the ranks of DBArtisan. There are a few user interface issues I'm having that look like they could get real aggravating, and I'm hoping someone can give me some hints here.

One issue is switching quickly between query and results. With the Data Grid unpinned, when I execute a query the Data Grid slides into view, but takes 1-2 seconds to do so. That's a big waste of time when you're working fast. Any way to eliminate the slide
effect and have it just appear instantly? Is there a registry hack to speed it up? Pinning is not an option, because it severely diminishes the window size for both query and results and makes it difficult to work with. Switching in DBArtisan between nearly
full screen query and nearly full screen results (which are laid out as two tabs) was instantaneous with no delay - looking for something similar in Toad.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Okay I found a solution that works for me. I used AutoHotKeys macro program to intercept ^e and fire F9 followed by a Shift-F2, then intercepted ^f to Shift-F2 me back. Now I can execute with ^e with immediate full screen results, then ^f back to my code to try again. That’s workable.