How to generate insert statements for selected columns

Hi there,

I use Toad 10 full version.

I would like to know whether there is any way to create insert statements only for selected columns (Not for rows).

I tried to edit the dataset while exporting data as Insert Statements but it is not editable.

In earlier versions of Toad, we have the privilege to select the columns to create insert statements.

I guess the alternative way is to create a temporary table with selected columns and then create insert statements.

Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message was edited by: Shree

Hi Shree,

I would like to know whether there is any way to create
insert statements only for selected rows (Not for columns).
I tried to edit the dataset but its not editable.

Select the rows you want in the grid.
Right-click->Export Dataset.
Choose "insert statements".
Check the box that says "Export only the selected rows".

HTH

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Select your rows.

Rt -click -> Export Dataset.

Choose Insert Statement format

Be sure to check “selected rows only”

-John

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for exporting data pertaining to specific columns not rows.

Any ideas?

If you’re on 10.6 – make sure you’re on the .1 update.

Then, manipulate your datagrid – remove the columns you don’t want
included using the column selector (upper left hand corner of grid), then do the
Export Dataset

Jeff