How to get schema browser and Editor in a single tab ?

I am quite new to Toad and oracle . Need help to set Toad’s view correctly …

I have schema browser(tree View) in one tab and Editor in another tab. How do i keep schema browser on LHS and Editor on RHS on same tab (Something like in Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio) , So that i can have the view of the schemas/objects/columns/types etc on one side while i write the code on the editor on the other side rather then switching tabs every time to check the column or type…

Toad Version - 12.1.0.22

OS- Windows 8

Would be great if somebody can help me out …

23-02-2014- 11-52-17.png

Menu "Windows | Tile Vertical (Horizontal) is probably what you need.

Thanks a lot Damir … that was very helpfull

You might want to look at the Object Palette. That will pin a list of tables, views, and synonyms to the side of Toad (with columns optionally showing at the bottom), and the Editor can take up the rest of the screen. The Object Palette takes up less space than the Schema Browser and it was designed to do just what you are asking for.

I haven’t been able to pin the Object Palette on the LHS where it shows with the editor on the RHS.

In SQL Navigator when I connect to a database, the screen opens up with the Object Palette on the LHS and Editor on the RHS.

My Toad for Oracle is 12.6.0.53. Any help would be appreciated. Tks.

I’m able to dock it on the top, but I need it on the LHS for the same reason as the original poster. Tks.

You should be able to just drag it from the docked position on the right to the docked position on the left. It makes a gray “dock” rectangle as the mouse approaches the left wall of Toad’s main window. It may be easier to when Toad is not maximized.

Thanks for the quick response. It worked as you described:)

NOTICE: This communication may contain proprietary, privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received.

John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com 3/6/2018 3:30 PM >>>

RE: How to get schema browser and Editor in a single tab ?

Reply by John Dorlon
You should be able to just drag it from the docked position on the right to the docked position on the left. It makes a gray "dock" rectangle as the mouse approaches the left wall of Toad's main window. It may be easier to when Toad is not maximized.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Go to View --> Customize Menus --> In the Customize window, go to Toolbars tab and Select ‘Window Bar’ then you get a small window, double click on it. Now, we can see the Editor and Schema Browser in a single tab.

Sometimes even before double clicking the small window that appears after choosing ‘Window Bar’ we might automatically see the Editor and Schema Browser in the single tab.