How to open package in new editor window

When double-clicking package in the navigator, it opens in already opened editor window. I want it to open in a new editor window. Is there any option for this?

Hi Bilon,

I'm assuming that you mean it opens a new tab in the existing editor window, one for the spec and one for the body, but you want it to open a brand new editor window and then open two tabs within that new window?

If so, I don't know of any option to allow that - unless you open a new editor window first, then double-click in the navigator. Sorry.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Hi,

you are right, that's exactly what I want. Until the last week I've been using some very old version of Toad (from 2012 or so) and it worked this way. So I'm surprised hearing that it is impossible.

Libor

Hi Bilon,

Interesting. I've been using Toad since a long long time back, even before Quest first bought it, and I have absolutely no recollection of the editor opening separate windows, as opposed to tabs, when I double-click in the navigator. Hmmm, maybe I'm getting old!

There don't seem to be any options on this, other than editor->open/save where the option to open the package spec and body as a pair is enabled, and also, on separate tabs is enabled - which is what I see on my setup.

Sorry I haven't been much help. :frowning:

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]