How to prevent taod for deleting or dropping something without confirming first.

Can someone help me with this issue? I accidentally deleted and dropped something in Toad that I shouldn’t, and I want to prevent that from happening in the future. I want Toad to give me a confirmation message before it executes my command or do anything. Is there a way to modify my Toad settings to perform confirmation alerts or what safety mechanism can I set up apart from color coding?

Toad should be prompting you before making changes to your database. If you can be more specific about what you clicked, I’ll make sure we get a prompt in there for the next version.

This is regarding running a script in the editor window. You get a confirmation message when you are in the browser but not the editor.

This is not possible. You can protect yourself by making your connection read-only from the login window, but this will limit much of what you can do. If you
have a legitimate need to create or drop objects this option will likely be more of an annoyance.

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 11:50 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] How to prevent taod for deleting or dropping something without confirming first.

RE: How to prevent taod for deleting or dropping something without confirming first.

Reply by cgrant

This is regarding running a script in the editor window. You get a confirmation message when you are in the browser but not the editor.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Oh, I thought you meant that it was SQL generated and executed by Toad when you click a button.

I’m not sure that the Editor should be subject to “are you sure” prompts - after all, you either typed the SQL or did something to put it there. I think a lot of users would find “are you sure” prompts annoying in this case. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I don’t consider it a bug that it’s not there now…

I’m assuming you have backups of your stuff somewhere so in the rare event that you drop something important you should be able to recover it with a little work.
If you don’t have backups it might be a good time to start. J

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 11:58 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] How to prevent taod for deleting or dropping something without confirming first.

RE: How to prevent taod for deleting or dropping something without confirming first.

Reply by John Dorlon

Oh, I thought you meant that it was SQL generated and executed by Toad when you click a button.

I’m not sure that the Editor should be subject to “are you sure” prompts - after all, you either typed the SQL or did something to put it there. I think a lot of users would find “are you sure”
prompts annoying in this case. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I don’t consider it a bug that it’s not there now…

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael, making the connection readonly is a good idea however I have the 12.1 version and I can’t find that selection on the login window. Please describe how to make that selection.

In the list of your previously used connections scroll to the right. There is a column for it. If you don't see it click the button on the grid header farthest to the left. It has a series of horizontal lines on it. Make sure that the readonly column is checked.

On 11/14/2014 02:23 PM, cgrant wrote:

Reply by cgrant
Hi Michael, making the connection readonly is a good idea however I have the 12.1 version and I can't find that selection on the login window. Please describe how to make that selection.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I found the readonly option Michael, this option hit the nail on the head and it works perfectly. Thank you. I also want to thank all who responded. This just proves that forums works.