Read Only Setting

How do i set up toad, so that when i log on every database is read-only for me , unless i specifically tell it to change to a read/write mode

Thanks in advance

Toad doesn’t have such a setting. You just have to check “read only” in the grid on the login screen once the connection is first made (after that, it will be remembered).

The closest we can come to your request right now, is in Options -> Data grids -> data. There is a “use read only queries” checkbox at the top of the screen that will make SB-Tables-Data grids start off as Read-Only, and then you can uncheck the read-only checkbox there if you want.

Here’s another option:

In the same folder as Toad.exe, there is a file called readonly.lic. If you copy that to Toad.lic (overwrite is OK), then Toad will become read-only. Then if you want to make Toad read-write again, you can copy FullToad.lic to Toad.lic (again, overwrite is OK). Toad checks toad.lic on startup, so you’d have to restart Toad after changing the file for it to take effect.

One more option would be to download the Read-only version of Toad. You can install this side-by-side with your full Toad version and use the RO version for
RO connections and the full version for your read/write connections.

Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:27 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Read Only Setting

RE: Read Only Setting

Reply by John Dorlon

Toad doesn’t have such a setting. You just have to check “read only” in the grid on the login screen once the connection is first made (after that, it will be remembered).

The closest we can come to your request right now, is in Options -> Data grids -> data. There is a “use read only queries” checkbox at the top of the screen that will make SB-Tables-Data grids
start off as Read-Only, and then you can uncheck the read-only checkbox there if you want.

Here’s another option:

In the same folder as Toad.exe, there is a file called readonly.lic. If you copy that to Toad.lic (overwrite is OK), then Toad will become read-only. Then if you want to make Toad read-write
again, you can copy FullToad.lic to Toad.lic (again, overwrite is OK). Toad checks toad.lic on startup, so you’d have to restart Toad after changing the file for it to take effect.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.