Import/export wizard

Hi,

Is there an option in Toad to save automatically import/export job event log in file? For errors is ok, there is option to save rows with errors in separate file (…rows_with_error.csv) , but for successful job, currently we have to copy/paste event log contents into different file in order to save log as evidence for number of rows imported .

Thank you.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I opened issue TDB-77 to add an option to send the successful export report directly to a file. The issue also includes a fix for saving the content of the export control to a file.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you.

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Could you please tell us what is the use case of saving the import/export log file? Right now, when you schedule automation job with import/export activities, you can email the complete log as an attachment. What I showed is basic log of automation, but you can select verbose in automation settings to get all export/import log. Will it work for your use case? Or you'd rather have an option for designated folder where all your import/export logs go? If you choose it this way, you need to manage the folder to clear it up from time to time. Otherwise, it will not only use up your space gradually but also make it very hard to find the right import/export log you are looking for.

EmailLog.png

Please advise,

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a lot requests every day to run urgent adhoc imports usually for small volume of data, but with different bad formated files from diferent data sources and i find very convenient to use Toad import feature because is have nice formating options. Your example for automated script is very good and i plan to test it more, but for my case it would be great to have an option for designated folder for import/export log files like we have for error files (…rows_with_error.csv).

Thank you,

Ivan