Import tables to toad data point using command prompt

1- is it possible to import tables to toad data point using the windows command prompt?
2- if possible, is it possible to create automations using the command promt?
Thank you

1- Need to define in more detail what it means to "import tables to Toad Data Point" (TDP is not a database, for example.) But if you're asking if it is possible to get TDP to perform import/export of data via command line, the answer is yes, via Toad's Automation Engine. The screen capture below shows an automation job created within TDP, and when you hit either of the schedule buttons, you can see the command text that will start the TDP job via Windows batch script.

2- Toad Automations can only be created within the product's interface, although the automation jobs can be called via command line, per the previous item.

Hope this helps.

yes thank you! this is exactly what i wanted it for - for running automations

Glad to assist!

sorry I ran into issues trying to run the command line:
I ran:
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 5.1\Toad.exe-batch=true "C___\Emmanuel\Documents\Script_1.tas"
it returns the error: C:Program is not recognized as an internal or external command
I tried using quotation marks but the same error also returns

Couple things... make sure you copy the command line exactly as TDP creates it. Looking at your command example, i see "C__" as part of the locator for your automation script, and it's unlikely this is valid, unless you're using "__" to mask interim file directories.

Secondly, I'm assuming that you've saved your automation script (Script_1.tas) and that it exists where you say it is, and that Toad has permissions to access your automation in that location.

Very likely, however, issue is that there's double quotes missing....
You should be able to run Toad via command line like this:

"C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 5.1\Toad.exe" -batch=true "C:...\Emmanuel\Documents\Script_1.tas"

where the ellipsis (...) represents other interim file directories that are part of the complete locator path to your automation script.

Hope this helps.