TDP Automation scheduling through batch file

Hi,

We are in the very early stages to automating our tasks. A post I read somewhere suggested to use batch file for scheduling tasks so that when TDP is upgraded, we don’t have to change program location for each schedule individually. Which makes sense.

So I tried to run a task through batch file, the task itself runs fine in TDP interface as well as from DOS (calling through .bat file). However when I call the .bat file from task scheduler it does not seem to work.

In task manager I do see a new TDP process starts but takes forever and does not even create a log file of the Automation.

Here are the main components:

.bat file (Launch_TDP.bat) contents (requires one argument -fully qualified .tas filename)

echo Toad Data Point 4.3 launched on %date% at %time% for %1 >> “C:\Support\ToadAutomation\Automaion_Log.log\TDP_Launch.log”

CD “C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.3”
“C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.3\toad.exe” -batch=true %1

echo … and Ended on %date% at %time% >> “C:\Support\ToadAutomation\Automaion_Log.log\TDP_Launch.log”
echo -------------------------------- >> “C:\Support\ToadAutomation\Automaion_Log.log\TDP_Launch.log”

Windows Task scheduler:

Program/Script: C:\ToadAutomation\Launch_TDP.bat

Arguments: C:\ToadAutomation\EN_KO173.tas

Start in: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.3

Would much appreciate any tips/suggestions

Thanks,

Aleem

You are saying that if you type in C:\ToadAutomation\Launch_TDP.bat C:\ToadAutomation\EN_KO173.tas in the command window (DOS prompt) it works just fine? Try changing the Start in directory to C:\ in the task scheduler.

Than you!

That seem to have worked.

Thanks