In oracle awr I founded SELECT VALUE FROM SYS.NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETER many time about 5000 time I need to stop it

In oracle awr report I founded SELECT VALUE FROM SYS.NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETER many time about 5000 time I need to stop it

TOAD background query session
TOAD 12.9.0.71

Help me please I need to all help

Regards,

this is module name

Is that the entire query? Toad would not run that query because it would return several values but we would not know which parameter each result belongs to. I think a WHERE clause is missing, or the SELECT list isn't right.

Anyway, I looked in our source and did not find any reference to NSL_DATABASE_PARAMETER in a background query.

Go to the instance of Toad that is running it, and in the main menu, click Database -> Spool SQL -> Spool to screen. That will show you every query that Toad runs. If you see the query there, please post the spool SQL output (or send it to me privately if you don't want everyone else to see it). That will give me some better context about this Query so that I can tell you where it is coming from.

Just FYI to add, the proper SQL is
SELECT VALUE FROM SYS.NLS_DATABASE_PARAMETERS
(e.g. not singular).

Also, I highly doubt this is coming from Toad, especially since I recall years ago having a customer that had very similar circumstances... in his case, he had a VB application that was connecting to Oracle via ODBC, and that app was issuing thousands of these calls per day.