Toad World® Forums

Installing Toad 12.6 on my Windows 10 and getting error message

Hi,

I am trying to install Toad 12.6 on my windows 10 and getting the below error message :

"No Valid Oracle Clients found.You need atleast one 64 bit client Properly configured "

I have downloaded " instantclient-basic-windows.x64-12.1.0.2.0" and unzipped in the folder " instantclient-basic-windows.x64-12.1.0.2.0" in the below path:

C:\Program Files .

then I have put the path : C:\Program Files \ instantclient-basic-windows.x64-12.1.0.2.0 in Environment variables… Still I am getting the same issue.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thanks

Narayana

It kind of looks like you have spaces in your path name (before and after the ‘’), but not sure if that was just a typo in your post or not.

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the details… It is showing correctly… No issue with the spaces…

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Dennis Paulus bounce-Dennis_Paulus@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Installing Toad 12.6 on my Windows 10 and getting error message

Reply by Dennis Paulus
It kind of looks like you have spaces in your path name (before and after the ‘’), but not sure if that was just a typo in your post or not.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks and Regards
Narayana Murthy Kayala

I would try a less complicated path name (Windows often gets confused by names such as the one you have). In the Oracle instructions, they suggest the following:

The general steps to install Instant Client are:

1. Download the appropriate Instant Client packages for your platform. All installations require the Basic or Basic Lite package.

2. Unzip the packages into a single directory such as “instantclient_12_1”.

3. Set your environment’s library loading path (for example LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux, or PATH on Windows) to the directory created in Step 2.

4. Start your application.

If you are planning on using TNSNames, you’ll also have to create a TNS_ADMIN environment variable and in some cases you may even have to reboot your machine for Windows to see any environment changes.

If none of that works, you may want to consider using a full Oracle client.