Internal Error on reverse engineering from Vertica - REDataMigratorDBVR

Hello,

I’m new to TOAD Data Modeler and at the moment I’m evaluating if TOAD Data Modeler can help us to model and document our Vertica Database.

I tried to reverse enineer from the DB and got this error:

TAOD Data Modeler Internal Error - REDataMigratorDBVR - Multiple commands canot be active on the same connection …

Callstack: REDataMigratorDBVR from Object RE Database for Vertica.

(see picture below)

I have only one connection - and I gort this error also when I tried to import only 1 table from my database. It seems that the amount of imported objects has nothing to do with the error. :frowning:

We’re using vertica 08.01.0105 with driver version 06.01.0300 (That’s what I can find in my DBVisualizer connection to the Vertica DB).

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks and all the Best,

Anja

Hello Anja,

could you post details about bug? (I’m not able to see attached image).

You can find details about bug in message explorer. There should be script, and line.

Thank you

Daril

Dear Daril,

thank you for answering me!

The error message is:

"

Source: Toad Data Modeler - Internal Error

Script: REDataMigratorDBVR

Description: [Vertica][VerticaDSII] (19) An error occured during query preparation: Multiple commands cannot be active on the same connection. Consider increasing ResultBufferSize or fetching all results before initiating another command.

Row: 1156

Column: 3

Callstack:

“REDataMigratorDBVR” from package “Object RE Database for Vertica”

"

It’s always the same message, not depending on how many tables I try to import from the database (I tried in the end only to import 1 table).

And I did not place any other command during importing from the database - so maybe the reason is not “multiple commands…” ?

All the best,

Anja

P.S.: I’ll not be able to answer tomorrow, but on monday …

Hello,

I can do RE without any errors.

I see that error is during RE Projections. Could you try uncheck RE Projections? It is on RE Wizard page “What to Reverse”.

Daril

Hi Daril,

thank you a lot for your answer.

I tried only to import 1 table, no projection - , but you are right: unselecting “Projections” helped!

I got 1 step forward … and it led me to a next error message:

"

Source: Toad Modeler - Internal Error

Script: REDataMigratorDBVR

Description: ERROR 4367: Permission denied for realation access_policy

Row: 985

Column: 3

Callstack: “REDataMigratorDBVR” from package “Object RE Database for Vertica”

"

Also for this message I cannnot find any suggestion here in the forum. Have you an idea what this is?

Or should I maybe open a new request about this?

Thank you for your help!

All the best,

Anja

Hi Anja,

we were bringing these solutions.

Error No.1
Description: [Vertica][VerticaDSII] (19) An error occured during query preparation: Multiple commands cannot be active on the same connection. Consider increasing ResultBufferSize or fetching all results before initiating another command.

Solution:
The problem is the ODBC driver.
You must set up "Result buffer size" value = 0. (Vertica ODBC - Client Settings)

Error No.2
Description: ERROR 4367: Permission denied for realation access_policy

Solution:
This Error occurred, because during RE of Vertica, TDM try to reverse information about Access Policy. For this information you need higher privileges. Unfortunately in version 6.3 it is not possible switch of reverse of Access policy. Work Around is assign priviliges and set role to user.

GRANT dbduser, dbadmin, pseudosuperuser to user_name;
SET ROLE dbadmin, dbduser, pseudosuperuser;

It will be fixed in some of next version of Toa Data Modeler. I created Issue number TDM-4138, you can track this in release notes.

Best regards,
Petr

Dear Petr,

thank you very muc for your answers.

I’ll try this and then let you you if it worked …

All the best,

Anja