Is Delphi still going to be the development language for Toad for Oracle in the future?

Hello:

Just curious, is Delphi going to be your development language of choice for Toad for Oracle in the near future, and in the more distant future?

I had to look at some org charts for a Delphi application - we use the DevExpress library - and their OrgChart library looks like “abandonware”, they fix bugs but they don’t add new features. I am a long time Turbo Pascal/Delphi fan, but today, seeing how many options are in the C# world and JavaScript, it dawned onto me that Delphi kind of lost the battle on the windows desktop apps market.

Thanks

Yes and yes. Devex have killed off some more obscure components but their core VCL package is still alive and kicking. Delphi doesn't get the press that M$ does but it's still very much alive and active and you don't have to worry about which Dot Nyet library you have on your machine.

Greg

On Mar 10, 2016, at 7:31 PM, costabas bounce-costabas@toadworld.com wrote:

Is Delphi still the development language for Toad for Oracle?

Thread created by costabas
Hello:

Just curious, do you guys continue developing Toad for Oracle in Delphi in the near future, and in the more distant future?

I had to look at some org charts for a Delphi application - we use the DevExpress library - and their OrgChart library looks like "abandonware", they fix bugs but they don't add new features. I am a long time Turbo Pascal/Delphi fan, but today, seeing how many options are in the C# world and JavaScript, it dawned onto me that Delphi kind of lost the battle on the windows desktop apps market.

Thanks

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

You give me hope :slight_smile:

Just checking 8 months later, are you guys still using Delphi and/or plan to stick with Delphi? Just given all this stuff going on with Embarcadero, I am curious…

Thanks