Issue with UI and saved passwords 15.1.113.1379 WIn10

Today I launched Toad and saw the following error: "Unexpected properties exist in this datafile" while it was in the "Setting global options....." phase of start up.

App hard crashed after this. See screen shot.

When I started Toad back up - I noticed all my saved passwords are gone, and the data grid has funky colors (light and dark beige)

Also - an older bug (clicking save forces the data grid export menu if focus is in data grid) looks like it came back.

If you could point me to a document that describes how to reset the format to the data grid that would be great!

error in toad

Hi Eric,

That "unexpected properties" dialog is shown when Toad doesn't recognize something in Toadactions.dat. Normally it happens if the user files folder from a newer version of Toad is used with an older version of Toad, because this file is not backwards compatible. It could also happen if somehow that file became corrupt.

Also - an older bug (clicking save forces the data grid export menu if focus is in data grid) looks like it came back.

Are you sure you aren't somehow now running an older version of Toad with your 15.1 user files folder? That could explain both problems. Look in Help -> About to check the version.

For the grids...

You might try first looking in options -> data grids -> Visual. If "Legacy" is in the list of styles, then select it. If it's not....

1. Shut down Toad
  2. Copy ToadStyles.ini file from
    C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 15.1\ClientFiles\User Files\ to C:\Users\your windows username\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\15.1\User Files\
  3. Start up Toad, and see if "Legacy" is there now.

Thanks. I confirmed the shorcut to launch Toad matched the version in the screen shot above.

There's no legacy option in the Datagrid -> VIsual section I can see - it goes from Eggplant to Lilac. I overwrote the ToadStyles.ini as you requested - and launched toad again - same issue - no Legacy listed.

I just tested the save feature again - and it looks like it is working.

I will most likely uninstall all older versions of Toad and only keep the current to make things easier.

Oh, I forgot one step, I'm sorry:

Between steps 2 and 3:

Edit Toad.ini (under C:\Users\your windows username\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\15.1\User Files\ with notepad.
Find LegacyStyleSheetCreated=1, change to LegacyStyleSheetCreated=0

That did the trick! I didn't have to select the active stype - it was already "Legacy" and the black/white plain color scheme is there now. Thanks!

1 Like

It looks like if I exit toad when my cursor is in the data set and it prompts me to save my .sql file - it shows the data export screen. However if I am in the data set and I click the Save disk icon - it doesn't show export screen. See sequence of screen shots.

Hi Eric,

I'm trying to repeat this, but for me it only prompts to save the file.

The steps I tried are:

1. load a sql file
  2. change it but don't save
  3. run it
  4. click in the grid
  5. Tried various ways to close Toad - click the X, File -> Exit
  6. I get prompted to save the file but not the dataset.

What are you doing differently?