When I tested, here is what happened with 188.8.131.52 (GA is available now, but the code in this window did not change between beta and GA). Tested on Oracle 12.2
- From the “Find Files” dropdown, I chose “Select from archive logs”.
- i Chose 1 file and hit OK.
- The dialog closed and the file that I selected appeared in the “Files to mine” box.
- I hit Next, Next, and then clicked the green “Run” triangle on the toolbar.
- it took a few seconds but I saw all the redo appear in the grid after that.
It sounds like maybe you have data in sys.v_$archived_log, but the files represented there no longer exist in the specified location on the server. That’s just a guess, but seems like a good thing to check.