Long term annoyence resurfaces

Good Morning TOAD support Team,

The right click menu in the Describe Windows loses export data if more than one table is selected; could this be improved to allow any number of tables and views; and disappear when one of the objects is otherwise?

Larry

I’m not quite sure I follow you, Larry. What do you mean by “the right-click menu loses export data”?

Good Afternoon John,

To be clearer; put some tables and maybe views into your favorites.  Then in the schema browser, choose favorites instead of tables (default).  The list will now show your favorites, which may be all tables or may be a mix of anything in toad: tables, views, procedures, packages, functions ...  

If to right click a table Export Data is on the menu.  If you highlight two or more tables, the right click menu is almost blank and no longer contains Export Data.  I understand it I right click a function and a table the right click menu needs to be short, as few, actions are common between a table and a function; but after highlight 20 tables and 10 views, please let me export in one operation, as it is a common function between tables and views; just like I could if I highlighted a group of tables in the table (not favorites) view in the schema browser.

Did I lose you again?

Larry

703-508-4945

Oh, now I see what you mean. That will require some significant changes under the hood, but I’ll put this on my to-do (or at least to-consider) list.

OK, Larry - I added “Export Data” and “Export DDL” as multiselect right-click items in SB-Favorites. If there are others that you’d like to have, let me know.

Thank you John!

TOAD even let me try to export data from a Package.  No error or data in a multi select :-); got a "no data" dialog when alone.  Great fix!  Thank you, agaim!!!

Larry

Good Morning John,

Sorry for the delayed response, I highlighted a bunch of tables in favorites again and was looking for ER Diagram, but it was not there. Can you please add ER diagram on the favorites right click menu?

Larry

703-508-4945

Hi Larry,

Too late now for 12.12. Maybe 12.13 betas. If you use Project Manager instead, you’ll have that options.

-John

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you!

Larry Wickliffe

Monitoring, Performance and Tuning Services Lead, Data and Business Intelligence Services (DABIS)

Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST)

Employment and Training Administration (ETA). US Department of Labor

Wickliffe.Larry@dol.gov: 202-693-3485 FPB

l.wickliffe@computer.org 703-508-4945 Cell

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:33 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Long term annoyence resurfaces

RE: Long term annoyence resurfaces

Reply by John Dorlon

Hi Larry,

Too late now for 12.12. Maybe 12.13 betas. If you use Project Manager instead, you’ll have that options.

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.