Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

1. Unless I am logged into shcema with table , I get NO results.

2. Using a subquery with -> order by <- in it causes toad to tell me I am missing a paran somewhere.

3. During compare you are unable to check only columns. ( The box is there but you can not check it! ).

4. Unable to use any feature like cahnge decoe to case. Oracle to ani joins… no longer do anything.

5 unable to log into toad world. Not sure wht is going on her. I have other programs that get to there forums. ( we do have a firewall )

I looked at items 2, 4, and 5 and I'm unable to reproduce.

For 2 and 4 do you have a single SQL statement in the editor tab or are there multiple? If multiple does it make a difference if you paste your SQL to a new tab as the only statement?

#2: Make sure you do not have an ORDER BY within the subquery. It is not valid SQL to have it there. Example: (wrong - throws ORA-907 missing right paren) select decode(empno, 1, 2, 3) from emp where deptno in (select deptno from dept order by 1).

#4: If you can send me a sample statement to reproduce that would help. michael.staszewskiquest.com. I tried with select decode(empno, 1, 2, 3) from emp where deptno in (select deptno from dept) order by 1 and it converted the statement correctly.

#5: I assume that you mean within Toad you are trying to connect to the forums. Do you get any error message or anything indicating failure? If not how long are you letting it try? A timeout exception may be thrown after some time. Can you connect from the website directly?

Michael

On 07/07/2014 11:33 AM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

Thread created by steven.kladitis_687

1. Using a subquery with -> order by <- in it causes toad to tell me I am missing a paran somewhere.
  1. During compare you are unable to check only columns. ( The box is there but you can not check it! ).
  1. Unable to use any feature like cahnge decoe to case. Oracle to ani joins.... no longer do anything.

5 unable to log into toad world. Not sure wht is going on her. I have other programs that get to there forums. ( we do have a firewall )

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

1. Toad takes forever to tell me there is an issue.

2. Please tell me how to do it the correct way. I highlight the whole statement and say convert decode to case. Should I just highlight the whole decode statement.

I have lots of sql with tons of decode in one sql statement. I assumed I did not even have to highlight anything. Just click convert decode to case and
the whole sql statement would get processed.

Same for convert oracle to ansi.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 11:46

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

Re: Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

Reply by Michael Staszewski

For 2 and 4 do you have a single SQL statement in the editor tab or are there multiple? If multiple does it make a difference if you paste your SQL to a new tab as the only statement?

#2: Make sure you do not have an ORDER BY within the subquery. It is not valid SQL to have it there. Example: (wrong - throws ORA-907 missing right paren) select decode(empno, 1, 2, 3) from emp where deptno in (select deptno from dept order by 1).

#4: If you can send me a sample statement to reproduce that would help.
michael.staszewski@quest.com. I tried with select decode(empno, 1, 2, 3) from emp where deptno in (select deptno from dept) order by 1 and it converted the statement correctly.

#5: I assume that you mean within Toad you are trying to connect to the forums. Do you get any error message or anything indicating failure? If not how long are you letting it try? A timeout exception may be thrown after some time. Can you connect from the
website directly?

Michael

1. Using a subquery with -> order by <- in it causes toad to tell me I am missing a paran somewhere.
  1. During compare you are unable to check only columns. ( The box is there but you can not check it! ).
  1. Unable to use any feature like cahnge decoe to case. Oracle to ani joins.... no longer do anything.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

2. Please tell me how to do it the correct way. I highlight the whole statement and say convert decode to case. Should I just highlight the whole decode statement.

I have lots of sql with tons of decode in one sql statement. I assumed I did not even have to highlight anything. Just click convert decode to case and

2 was incorrect. It does do what it is supposed to do.
JJ

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

michael.staszewski@quest.com. I tried with select decode(empno, 1, 2, 3) from emp where deptno in (select deptno from dept) order by 1 and it converted the statement correctly.

#5: I assume that you mean within Toad you are trying to connect to the forums. Do you get any error message or anything indicating failure? If not how long are you letting it try? A timeout exception may be thrown after some time. Can you connect from the
website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

1. And what does Toad tell you?

2. Highlighting should work as well as just placing the caret, but since it is not working I asked for you to try something else to help debug. What are the results of that?

On 07/07/2014 12:02 PM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

RE: Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

Reply by steven.kladitis_687
5. Toad takes forever to tell me there is an issue.

1. Please tell me how to do it the correct way. I highlight the whole statement and say convert decode to case. Should I just highlight the whole decode statement.

I have lots of sql with tons of decode in one sql statement. I assumed I did not even have to highlight anything. Just click convert decode to case and the whole sql statement
would get processed.

To:
toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work for you. Is the statement you're trying to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces
the issue.

On 07/07/2014 12:07 PM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

5. Toad takes forever to tell me there is an issue.

1. Please tell me how to do it the correct way. I highlight the whole statement and say convert decode to case. Should I just highlight the whole decode statement.

I have lots of sql with tons of decode in one sql statement. I assumed I did not even have to highlight anything. Just click convert decode to case and the whole sql statement
would get processed.

JJ

To:

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

#1: Sounds like a privilege thing to me. If you login to SQL Plus with that same user, do you get results back?

#3: I’m assuming you mean Compare Schemas? I’m not sure which option your referring to. Maybe a pic would help with this one.

For #1 it is not an issue for older toad or sqlplus.
J

1. no try to compare table or view columns. Will not let you check columns

From: Dennis Paulus [mailto:bounce-Dennis_Paulus@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 13:16

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

Reply by Dennis Paulus

#1: Sounds like a privilege thing to me. If you login to SQL Plus with that same user, do you get results back?

#3: I’m assuming you mean Compare Schemas? I’m not sure which option your referring to. Maybe a pic would help with this one.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Need to be specific here as there are many different ways to do comparisons in Toad (Schema Compare, Database Compare, Single object compare, multiple object compare, etc.). We need to know which window in Toad your talking about, and specifically which option (again there are tons of possible options, many named similiarly). A picture is worth a thousand words. :slight_smile:

Look at this

Case 1:

DECLARE

CURSOR X

IS

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL ;
-- toad will NOT do anything!!!!

BEGIN

FOR X
IN

LOOP

NULL;

END
LOOP;

END;

Case 2:

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL;
-- toad will do the refactor.

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 12:25

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work
for you. Is the statement you're trying to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces the issue.

JJ

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This is VERY Specific. Call me @ 678-731-5572.

From: Dennis Paulus [mailto:bounce-Dennis_Paulus@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 14:07

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit for me)

Reply by Dennis Paulus

Need to be specific here as there are many different ways to do comparisons in Toad (Schema Compare, Database Compare, Single object compare, multiple object compare, etc.). We need to know
which window in Toad your talking about, and specifically which option (again there are tons of possible options, many named similiarly). A picture is worth a thousand words. :slight_smile:

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks, I can replicate it.

On 07/07/2014 02:07 PM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

Look at this

Case 1:

DECLARE

CURSOR X

IS

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL ;

BEGIN

FOR X
IN

LOOP

NULL;

END
LOOP;

END;

Case 2:

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL;

To:

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work for you. Is
the statement you're trying to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces the issue.

would get processed.

JJ

Re: Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit
for me)

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This is true for anything but a simple statement by itself. OPEN cursor and so on do not work.
J

Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 14:29

Look at this

Case 1:

DECLARE

CURSOR X

IS

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL ;

BEGIN

FOR X
IN

LOOP

NULL;

END
LOOP;

END;

Case 2:

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL;

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work for you. Is the statement
you're trying to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces the issue.

JJ

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

For compare do the following:

Go to single object compare.

Compare any table against another.

You are now unable to click on Compare Columns only. ( you can in 12.5.0.99 )

Look at this

Case 1:

DECLARE

CURSOR X

IS

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL ;

BEGIN

FOR X
IN

LOOP

NULL;

END
LOOP;

END;

Case 2:

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL;

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work for you. Is the statement
you're trying to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces the issue.

JJ

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This (item #4) is fixed for next beta.

Michael

On 07/07/2014 02:30 PM, steven.kladitis_687 wrote:

This is true for anything but a simple statement by itself. OPEN cursor and so on do not work.
J

To:

Look at this

Case 1:

DECLARE

CURSOR X

IS

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL ;

BEGIN

FOR X
IN

LOOP

NULL;

END
LOOP;

END;

Case 2:

SELECT
DECODE
(dummmy,
'x',
'y',
'z')
FROM DUAL;

for me)

Also for #4 the statement has to be valid. If this statement is the one throwing ORA-907 missing right parenthesis exception then it will not work for you. Is the statement you're trying
to convert valid? If so please send me the SQL or one that reproduces the issue.

RE: Lots of issues with 12.6 beta ( 64 bit
for me)

would get processed.

JJ

for me)

website directly?

Michael

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged ma

For compare do the following:

I see what you mean now after you sent the actual steps and we know which window you're using. This does look like a bug. Thank you.

Single object compare fixed for next beta.