Migrate Oracle tables to Sybase ASE

I have a set of tables I would like to migrate from Oracle 11GR1 to Syabse ASE. I have reverse engineered the tables. But when I go use File | Sync & Convert | Simple Module Conversion I don’t see any way to point to a Sybase database type. I only see Oracle types listed. The Help files gives an example of converting to MS Sql Server 2005. Mine does not have that choice listed.

Can I migrate from Oracle to Sybase? Can I migrate to SQL Server?

Hi Debbie,

You must have had installed Toad Data Model along within some bundle installation, because in that case only Oracle database support gets installed by default.

1. You must go to Programs and features control panel (Windows 7)
    2. and Change/Modify your Toad Data Modeler installation (see the first screenshot)
    3. and in the second step of the setup wizard databases support is offered for installation. Select the databases you want to have installed and finish the installation.
    4. If you open the Simple Model Conversion wizard, all the installed databases are now offered in the Convert to menu.

And happy new year to your team!

Regards,
Lukas and Toad Data Modeler R&D Team
change_install_tdm.png

Hi Debbie,

You must have had installed Toad Data Model along within some bundle installation, because in that case only Oracle database support gets installed by default.

1. You must go to Programs and features control panel (Windows 7)
    2. and Change/Modify your Toad Data Modeler installation (see the first screenshot)
    3. and in the second step of the setup wizard databases support is offered for installation. Select the databases you want to have installed and finish the installation.
    4. If you open the Simple Model Conversion wizard, all the installed databases are now offered in the Convert to menu.

And happy new year to your team!

Regards,
Lukas and Toad Data Modeler R&D Team
change_install_tdm2step.png