novalid oracle client home found

Toad was working before I upgraded to Toad 12.0.0.61. Now I get the message that no valid Oracle Client found.

What version Oracle client do you have installed? What bit size on the Oracle client? Which Toad installer did you use - 32-bit or 64-bit? It’s very likely you installed 64-bit client and the client is 32-bit - which won’t work. Read this blog for more info:

www.toadworld.com/…/running-toad-for-oracle-in-a-64-bit-environment-updated.aspx

Bert:

The issue has been resolved… Remembered late last night that 64bit was not prev supported and had installed 32 bit client. I downloaded and installed 64bit Toad. I went back and installed Oracle 64bit client and I am good now.

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 6:46 AM
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] novalid oracle client home found

RE: novalid oracle client home found

Reply by Bert Scalzo

What version Oracle client do you have installed? What bit size on the Oracle client? Which Toad installer did you use - 32-bit or 64-bit? It’s very likely you installed 64-bit client and the client is 32-bit - which won’t work. Read this blog for more info:

www.toadworld.com/…/running-toad-for-oracle-in-a-64-bit-environment-updated.aspx

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.