Out of memory while browsing in schema browser

Hi there everyone.

Anyone experienced that issue ?

After a while using Toad for Oracle 12.8.0.49 32bit, when I click on a new table in Schema browser, I get a message “Out of memory”. From that stage, I cannot click on tables and several other objects without getting this message. Data are not shown.

SQL editor still working fine though.

Closing all connections does not solve the issue, I have to close and restart Toad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Michael.

After you restart Toad, does the problem return?

The only place I’ve heard of “out of memory” errors in the Schema Browser is in the data tab on the RHS. It sounds like you were on the data tab when that message appeared, but I am not sure of that by your message

Go to Options -> Oracle -> General. Make sure “OCI Array Buffer Size” is set to automatic.

If it still happens, please post the script for the table that is causing the problem. You can send it to me by email if you prefer not to post it here. John.Dorlon@quest.com

Thank you for your reply.

After a restart, everything is fine again. For couple of days.

The error does happen happen all the time on the same table. I noticed that is only pops up on table with a large number of columns, I can still see tables with smaller number of columns.

OCI array buffer size was set to automatic.

Sent: 25 February, 2016 20:49
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Out of memory while browsing in schema browser

RE: Out of memory while browsing in schema browser

Reply by John Dorlon

After you restart Toad, does the problem return?

The only place I’ve heard of “out of memory” errors in the Schema Browser is in the data tab on the RHS. It sounds like you were on the data tab when that message appeared, but I am not sure of that by your message

Go to Options -> Oracle -> General. Make sure “OCI Array Buffer Size” is set to automatic.

If it still happens, please post the script for the table that is causing the problem. You can send it to me by email if you prefer not to post it here. John.Dorlon@quest.com

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

A memory leak has been identified in the Editor. If you aren’t shutting down Toad for days at a time, and using the Editor, then selecting from a large table in the SB could push your memory requirements over the edge. My advice is to shut your computer off when you go home at night. If you don’t use the Editor much, let me know.

Hi John

I actually use both the editor and the schema browser quite intensively, with several connections to different databases.

And unfortunately, I almost never shut Toad down neither do I restart my computer.

Will that issue be solved in the next release ?

Thx & BR, Michael

Sent: 26 February, 2016 14:40
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Out of memory while browsing in schema browser

Reply by John Dorlon

A memory leak has been identified in the Editor. If you aren’t shutting down Toad for days at a time, and using the Editor, then selecting from a large table in the SB could push your memory requirements over the edge. My advice is to shut your computer off when you go home at night. If you don’t use the Editor much, let me know.

It should be fixed for next release, yes.

OK, fine, then I will try to restart it on a regular basis

Thanks.

Sent: 29 February, 2016 14:40

Reply by John Dorlon

It should be fixed for next release, yes.