Password Expired Problem

Morning All.

Hopefully, everyone is safe and well? I'm fine, so far, thanks! :smiley:

My minor problem is that I have had a connection open for some time, and in the intervening period, my password expired. (Ok, it expired overnight last night.) Today when I did a "test all connections" to reconnect to databases in the cloud, which get turned off at night, my connection failed to reconnect and errored out with a "password expired" pop-up.

I logged in on the server and changed my password. When I tried to "test connection" it still failed. I opened another connection to the same database, and that logged in ok.

Obviously, when testing a connection, Toad is holding the password I used to login originally, is it possible please, that when a test connection hits the password expired error, it can prompt for a new password similar to how the New Session dialogue does when attempting a login?

Thanks.

Background. I'm considered a key worker (go figure!) in the UK, and so I'm working from home. I connect from home to my desktop at work where I keep Toad and all my other tools. My connections to the databases are almost permanently logged in. Overnight the cloudy development databases are closed, so every morning I switch to Toad and "test all connections" to log back in after they restarted. I was too busy (lazy) to acknowledge the "your password will expire in 7 days" messages, so that's why I've come across this minor problem.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Hi Norm,

I can reproduce that and will fix. I guess there are really a couple of scenarios here. The user has a new password now and you just need to enter the new one, or password is expired (and/or account locked) and you need a DBA login to set a new password and unlock the account for your original user. I'll take care of both.

Thanks.

Much obliged John. As I said, it's a minor problem as I usually change my passwords before I get prompted! Just lazy this time and it bit me.

My account wasn't locked as such, just an expired password. But yes, a locked account would need a pop-up too.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]