PC failure

When you have to recover from a pc failure, where are the TOAD files located that were being edited?

By default Editor backups are made every 3 mins. Toad will prompt you to recover them when it starts. If you aren't seeing the prompt or have dismissed it you can manually recover them from the File menu, Recover Documents item. Toad will show you available documents or report that there is nothing it can recover. The backups are .tmp files having names starting with "~" located in your appdata\User Files folder.

Michael

On 01/06/2016 10:20 AM, Community Member 1 wrote:

PC failure

Thread created by Community Member 1
When you have to recover from a pc failure, where are the TOAD files located that were being edited?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I have had a few crashes that when I return to TOAD, the recover documents doesn't show up, and when I go to recover documents, it tells me there are no documents to recover. I have been able to find them (most of the time) by going to the AppData folder. This has happened over the course of the last year or so with the beta cycle.

I'm just mentioning this in case it is helpful for you to know.

My files are in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Dell\Toad for Oracle\12.9 beta\User Files. The files of interest area the ones with the ~ at the beginning of the file name.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: PC failure

Reply by Michael Staszewski

By default Editor backups are made every 3 mins. Toad will prompt you to recover them when it starts. If you aren't seeing the prompt or have dismissed it you can manually recover them from the File menu, Recover Documents item. Toad will show you available documents or report that there is nothing it can recover. The backups are .tmp files having names starting with "~" located in your appdata\User Files folder.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org