Popup Editor: Display Functions

In the Grid Popup Editor, would it be possible to have the “Toggle Word Wrap” stay selected when moving between rows? The data that I am reviewing is extremely long and after moving to the next row, I have to re-select the “Toggle Word Wrap” every time I move between rows.

In addition, would it be possible to add an “XML Pretty Print” function that would reformat the text? If it isn’t XML, then I would expect nothing to occur or to display an error, but if it is XML, I would expect color coding and reformmating to occur such that one line of XML would turn into multiple lines. The problem is that I have a lot of data that does not contain the “<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>” tag along with the data all being on one line, making the data practically impossible to read. BTW, I created a custom function that I use to reformat my data and add the tag to get around this so that TOAD will format it, but having it in the tool as a button would make it easier to user.

Thanks,

David

The word wrap option not sticking would be a bug IMO. I’ll log.

The XML Pretty Print would be easy enough, but would need some thought. If you were in an editable data grid and used that it’s going to trigger an edit and enable the Post button, etc. I’m assuming you would want the data modified for display purposes only.

Michael

Thanks for logging the word wrap. I understand how it could be seen as a bug, but some feature like this would be greatly beneficial.

Correct, the data should be reformatted only for display purposes. I would have no issues with this disabling the edit feature.

Thanks

David

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:08 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Popup Editor: Display Functions

EXTERNAL EMAIL

RE: Popup Editor: Display Functions

Reply by Michael Staszewski

The word wrap option not sticking would be a bug IMO. I’ll log.

The XML Pretty Print would be easy enough, but would need some thought. If you were in an editable data grid and used that it’s going to trigger an edit and enable the Post button, etc. I’m assuming you would want the data modified for display purposes only.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

***** This email is from an external sender outside of the CenterPoint Energy network. Be cautious about clicking links or opening attachments from unknown sources. *****

I think we could bypass the edit detection for the initial format, but then if the user makes an edit after that, now we’re suddenly working with the formatted XML and that’s what would get saved. Is that OK or would we need a “compact” function too?

If it is edited after the data is formatted, then that is what I would expect to be saved.

As the feature to display the data would be a button of some kind (you can toggle it on and off) then I would expect that if you toggle it off that the data would return back to normal. I see how that could make things tricky that if someone edited the data. Personally, I wouldn’t see an issue if toggling it back to normal view lost the changes as long as the screen prompted you that changes would be lost. However it is handled is fine to me.

Thanks,

David

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:26 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Popup Editor: Display Functions

EXTERNAL EMAIL

RE: Popup Editor: Display Functions

Reply by John Dorlon

I think we could bypass the edit detection for the initial format, but then if the user makes an edit after that, now we’re suddenly working with the formatted XML and that’s what would get saved. Is that OK or would we need a “compact” function too?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

***** This email is from an external sender outside of the CenterPoint Energy network. Be cautious about clicking links or opening attachments from unknown sources. *****