Problem connecting to MySQL v 4.1.22

[I posted this message not knowing someone on my team had already posted something … sorry for the duplicate!] Hi everyone. I am using Toad for Data Analysts v. 2.7.0.348 and trying to connect to MySQL version “4.1.22-community-nt-log”. When trying to connect using either the native MySQL driver OR the ODBC 5.1 driver, I get the error “Statusbar:4/15/2011 10:00:05 AM: MySQL Database Error: Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘ecwcognos’ (10061): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.48:3306 (Remembered answer: “OK”. Enable)”. Does anyone have ideas on what the issue is? We’ve checked the server to make sure it isn’t blocking my IP address and am guessing it may be a driver issue on the server side?

Message was edited by: biz_questsoftware_234

Henrik had posted that it was a bug in TDS 2.7 but now fixed. I suggest downloading TDA 3.0 Beta or Toad for MySQL Beta and confirm it now works for you.

Debbie

Hi. I installed Toad for MySQL 5.0.0.345, imported my connections from Toad for Data Analysts, tried to connect, and ended up with the same error - “Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘ecwcognos’ (10061): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.48:3306”. I will install the Toad for Data Analysts beta at some point, but even if that connects, the bugs/issues with the beta would prevent me from using it and would force me to stick with TDA 4.6.

I have replicated this issue and create CR84353 for this issue.

In short there is a bug where you can’t connect to a MySQL 4.1 host on a non default port unless you use either some form of tunneling or proxy. The issue has been fixed for both the next Toad for MySQL 6.0 beta drop and the next Toad for Data Analysts beta.