We have approx. 400 reports set up through Toad for Data Analysts 3.0 running on XP machines.
We have to move to Windows 7 machines and have purchased Toad Data Point 4.3 licenses and are moving our automations over to this, but are experiencing several issues with the conversion when opening in TDP 4.3 which is proving very time consuming!
- When clicking on an export to file automation item where an sql is the activity input and “link SQL file” is checked, it takes 15-20 seconds to show the code in the window below - the application freezes until this is displayed - TDA 3.0 used to display the sql instantly
- Upon opening an old automation file in TDP 4.3, variables are renamed and any if conditions using these have to be remade
- e.g. variable named “odsrc” in the old automation is renamed to “odsrc_Execute_1” when opened in TDP
- Exporting to file
- original automation is set NOT to overwrite, and to clear sheet contents when exporting (to an excel template file)
- Opening in TDP ticks “overwrite” and loses any reference to writing to a specific sheet / clearing contents, so need to be remade
Any pointers that can make this task less painful?!
NB. Toad Data Point v220.127.116.118 (64 bit) running on Windows 7 Enterprise