query of dba_db_links works in Toad Datapoint, but not in SQL Nav. what is different?

I have often used a simple query to show me DB Link info. This query still works in one of my production instances but not another:

SELECT * FROM sys.dba_db_links

The error message says table not found.

This query works in the non-functioning instance when I use Toad Datapoint (T for Data Analysts). The DBA also tested it successfully as me using SQL Plus. There must be something in the SQL Nav settings that is getting in the way. I tried starting the session with the “connect as sysdba” option, but was not authorized.

Any suggestions?

One thing I would try is turn on SQL Tracker, run the query against both Databases and see what is actually being submitted to Oracle. It may be a wild goose chase but it is a place to start?..

Just gives me the same error message. “Table not found”

From: DaleFromLozier [mailto:bounce-DaleFromLozier@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:51 AM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] query of dba_db_links works in Toad Datapoint, but not in SQL Nav. what is different?

One thing I would try is turn on SQL Tracker, run the query against both Databases and see what is actually being submitted to Oracle. It may be a wild goose chase but it is a place to start?..

What version of navigator are you using? What version of database are you connecting to?

Using 6.7. Resolved the problem. Non-technical issue.

I was accidently using a session with the wrong login. Not used to having sessions up not started with my own login. The other login not authorized to display
that info. Problem solved.

User ID and instance at top of session navigator is in non-prominent beige against gray. Did not notice the ID value.

From: DaleFromLozier [mailto:bounce-DaleFromLozier@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:57 PM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] query of dba_db_links works in Toad Datapoint, but not in SQL Nav. what is different?

What version of navigator are you using?

Glad it’s working! :slight_smile: