rare values

Morning: I do a simple Select in a Oracle 11 database over a table with 40000 registers, type of code field is integer and mat field is char(9). Version of Toad is 12.1.0.22

The question is that the result of mat field is the normal value and a rare caracters in chinnesse or arabian o Ascii code. I dont know if I have a bad option configuration.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Select code, mat from gdoct

Robert.

What version is your Oracle client? If it is less than 10gR2, then getting a newer Oracle client might solve the problem. We have seen this happen before.

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 2:33 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] rare values

rare values

Thread created by Robertouf

Morning: I do a simple Select in a Oracle 11 database over a table with 40000 registers, type of code field is integer and mat field is char(9). Version of Toad is 12.1.0.22

The question is that the result of mat field is the normal value and a rare caracters in chinnesse or arabian o Ascii code. I dont know if I have a bad option configuration.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Select code, mat from gdoct

Robert.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Maybe this helps

Thanks to everyone. Yes is a version problem and for me is impossible change to other version. In the office the solution is…Sql Developer :frowning:

Thanks again.

before you go to SQL Developer - Toad fully supports Unicode, which means it can handle any multi-byte or rare characters. But you must have your PC Windows settings and also your database NLS client parameters set so that what you see is what you expect. There are too many combinations for Toad to just auto detect and work out of the box. So the user needs to set their Windows env vars for NLS settings and Windows region for a combo that will properly render their data. There are blogs on Tioad World and papers on tech support site which cover this. So please look before making the switch :slight_smile:

Robertouf,

I would really not recommend to move to SQL Developer. Toad has miles away advantage in use against SQL Developer.

But if you cannot solve this example (problem) then do that in SQL Developer and try to do the rest in Toad.

:slight_smile: