RE: RE: Toad 12 - Is Help > Toad World > Forums considered a Window or a Desktop Panel ?

The Desktop Panels dialog in the Editor is merely a convenience window to make large scale changes to the Editor layout quickly. You can still do everything
with the Editor’s panels without that window. Simply dragging a panel around by its title bar to a new location will change the dock site and clicking the ‘X’ on the title bar will close it. All of the panels are also surfaced on the rt-click menu when invoked
over a panel’s title bar so you can toggle visibility there as well.

The main Toad window also has dock panels. You can get to them using the main View menu. The first 8 menu items will toggle visibility of dock panels. You can
then click and drag them around to rearrange.

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:06 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] RE: Toad 12 - Is Help > Toad World > Forums considered a Window or a Desktop Panel ?

RE: RE: Toad 12 - Is Help > Toad World >
Forums considered a Window or a Desktop Panel ?

Reply by MichaelA

Thanks for the response Brad.

I wasn’t aware there were Toad-level (vs Editor-level) desktop panels.

However, after reading your response and much clicking around, it still seems the only means I’m able to access the
Desktop Panels dialog is with the two methods (within an Editor window) as described in my original message.

Sorry if I’m being dense.

Would appreciate any further guidance you might have to define the default
Dock Site (Bottom, Top, Left, Right) for the Configure Desktop Layout.

Thanks again.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.