Reconnect pop-up link to reconnect fails to reconnect

Good afternoon TOAD team,

I'm driving the latest beta 10.0.0.538.

Since timeout happens all the time today, I see this frequently. I press F9 and this window appears:

I suspect the second link to search the forums works, but who needs to search a timeout error? The first link Reconnect will clear all my data grids, but never succeeds in reconnecting. Close is the only real option. Even worse, some word in the code is highlighted (if you press reconnect), forcing me to click on the code, or type an arrow key to clear the block select.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Reconnect should work. Do you have any idea why it doesn't? Does Test->Reconnect work after you close the dialog? (It calls the same code...)

After SQL error, we highlight the word closest to the position where Oracle client says there is an error. I'm guessing in this case it's just the first word in your statement, or wherever the cursor was before you ran the select. It makes sense to not highlight a word in this case (just after a regular non-disconnect type error)

-John

Good Afternoon John,

Yes, if I have an error, highlighting is great! However, but I don’t have an error; it is highlights a word in a comment. The reconnect choices on the session menu work great: Is that what you mean by “Test->Reconnect”?

image002.png

I only wish a F-key was assigned to Test All Connections (Reconnect).

image001.png

Hi Larry,

Yes, that's what I meant.

You can assign a shortcut key for Test All Connections here:

It looks like F6 isn't used for anything else, you could assign that....

-John

Thank you John! F6 it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'll set up that kind of disconnect tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the problem of the Reconnect button not working, as well as the unnecessary highlighting.

Hi Larry,

I just tried this in the beta and didn't get any popup error message at all. We have a new option in beta to not show popup errors after F9. Try unchecking this option. Then errors just show in the messages area below w/o a popup.

Good Morning John,

Actually the reconnect is not failing; it just looks that way since the F9 is failing. Press the left arrow and F9 again and the results display. But, sometimes see this message:

Larry

Good Morning John,

That option was not checked:

image001.png

That option should prevent the screenshot at the very top of this thread (the one with the reconnect button). But not the last one (the one with the X on the red circle).

In either case, if you could provide exact steps on how to get these to show up, I'd appreciate it. I'm not seeing them. When I do F9 after a timeout, I just get what you see in my screenshot (minus the options window, of course)

-John

Good Morning John,

I’m frequently called away from coding for other work, it is not uncommon to be simply timed out when I get back; when I’m not thinking I may just press F9 I see this pop-up window: If I press reconnect, the reconnect succeeds but the F9 is failed, like your screen, shown below. If I press an arrow to clear the block select and F9 the correct results are shown. I recently was migrated from one network to another, these frequent timeouts may be due to a group policy difference between my old network and current network. Having assigned F6 to test->reconnect has resolved most of my issue. Thank you!

image001.png

After press reconnect:

image001.png