Active Queries and Changing Connection Woes

Every so often I forget I have a query running in a background tab in the Editor and go to switch connections. TOAD assumes I’m smarter than I am and actually does change the connection, but from that point on, the tab is unclosable to me. It thinks it is still running a query, so it asks if I want to cancel execution and close the tab, but even when I say yes, it can’t seem to be able to do that. No error messages, it just doesn’t show the query as run or close the tab.

I would love a nicer solution to this than having to use the Windows Task Manager to kill TOAD. Is there a way that either TOAD will prevent me from changing connections when a session using that connection is active or a way that after I’ve done the unthinkable that I can tell TOAD that the query that it thinks is running is actually lost so I can close the tab (and TOAD) gracefully?

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Sounds like a bug. I'll look.

On 07/09/2015 11:36 AM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Active Queries and Changing Connection Woes

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
Every so often I forget I have a query running in a background tab in the Editor and go to switch connections. TOAD assumes I'm smarter than I am and actually does change the connection, but from that point on, the tab is unclosable to me. It thinks it is still running a query, so it asks if I want to cancel execution and close the tab, but even when I say yes, it can't seem to be able to do that. No error messages, it just doesn't show the query as run or close the tab.

I would love a nicer solution to this than having to use the Windows Task Manager to kill TOAD. Is there a way that either TOAD will prevent me from changing connections when a session using that connection is active or a way that after I've done the unthinkable that I can tell TOAD that the query that it thinks is running is actually lost so I can close the tab (and TOAD) gracefully?

Blessings,

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics

Office :phone: 407-515-4452
phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.