Toad World® Forums

Saved Named SQL

I really like the ability to have my save SQL in categories. What I don’t like about the new display is the prefix on my named SQL of the database it was saved in. Unless I have the panel expanded quite wide, it is really hard to see the names of my saved SQL.

Is this configurable?

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

It’s not at this time. The two strings in that header are drawn independently and one must overlap the other. I could make the right string (name on saved, timestamp on recent) overlap the connect string and add a hint to show both pieces completely. That might work.

For next beta, rt-click “View” menu added. There’s a flyout for show connect string with 3 options… Hidden, Show as Schema@Database, Show as Alias. If Show as Alias is checked the connection’s alias is shown if defined, schema@database shown if undefined. This setting applies to the Recent and Saved tabs independently.

Show as Alias is the default.

Do I have to display the connection string at all? For me, the connection is irrelevant for named SQL, though I realize that might not be the case for others.

If we can’t do this, it would be nice if the connect string used the alias I’ve created for my connections - at least that is a little shorter.

Thanks, Michael!

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Saved Named SQL

Reply by Michael Staszewski
It’s not at this time. The two strings in that header are drawn independently and one must overlap the other. I could make the right string (name on saved, timestamp on recent) overlap the connect string and add a hint to show both pieces completely. That might work.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

That sounds great! Thank you, Michael.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Saved Named SQL

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Show as Alias is the default.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org