Schedule task under different account

I setup up an automation script and send it to the scheduler. Everything runs flawlessly. But in my company we have to change passwords every couple of weeks, therefore I tried to use a different non-personal account which is not forced to change its password. The task starts but nothing happens, no report, no Email etc. The task stops with the error code: e0434f4d

It would be convenient not having to change the password in all scheduled tasks frequently.

Does anyone have an idea what’s going on? Could it be a licence issue trying to use a different account?

Thanks in advance,
JochenR

You need to go to the server where you have this scheduled and install and RUN TDP under that user account. You need to have the connections defined for that user, etc. The connections, etc are stored in the user profile.

So if you install and run TDP under this new user the scheduling will work fine. We are looking at changing this for a later release but you will need to do the above for now.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

thanks a lot! This did the trick and it works now. This is a good workaround. However, usually these non-personal accounts are not allowed to log on to machines. (Run as will do in such cases.) Nevertheless, I am looking forward to a future release of TDP adressing this .

Best wishes,
Jochen

Hi Debbie,

thanks a lot! This did the

trick and it works now. This is a good workaround.
However, usually these non-personal accounts are not
allowed to log on to machines. (Run as will do in
such cases.) Nevertheless, I am looking forward to a
future release of TDP adressing this
class="emoticon"
src="http://tda.inside.quest.com/images/emoticons/wink
.gif" border="0" alt="" />.

Best

wishes,
Jochen

We encountered the same problem in my work environment. We asked IT to create a limited Active Directory service account that was machine-limited, and it is only allowed to log-on locally on the two automated reporting machines that we use - if you try it on any other PC, it'll come back as Access Denied.