Schema Browser delay

With the latest patch (.52), I’ve noticed that when I first start Toad, connect to my database, and open the schema browser, my cursor changes from a pointer, to the “busy” pointer. They delay seems to last about 15 - 30 seconds, and after that everything is fine. This wasn’t an issue in any of the previous builds.

I’ve seen this too, but the busy pointer is not coming from the SB, it’s coming from the Forum window. I’ll follow up with Mike, since he may ignore this thread based on the subject.

Well, Mike says it’s not the forum window. I think maybe the SB changes the cursor to an hourglass, and something else is happening somewhere in Toad that delays the SB from finishing what is was working on, so the hourglass stays on longer. I’m trying to narrow it down but I can’t reproduce this 100% of the time, so if you discover some way to prevent it, please let me know.

The forum window may not be out of the woods. Fixed an issue where unpinned/auto hidden forum panel could stick the hourglass cursor. Reproducible at login,
but the location of the bug may be possible for it to surface at other times. Hopefully it’s the issue you’re seeing.

From: John Dorlon [mailto:bounce-jdorlon@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:54 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Schema Browser delay

Well, Mike says it’s not the forum window. I think maybe the SB changes the cursor to an hourglass, and something else is happening somewhere in Toad that delays
the SB from finishing what is was working on, so the hourglass stays on longer. I’m trying to narrow it down but I can’t reproduce this 100% of the time, so if you discover some way to prevent it, please let me know.

Try next beta, I think we got it. Mike did all the heavy lifting, I just pestered him. :slight_smile:

From: John Dorlon [mailto:bounce-jdorlon@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:15 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Schema Browser delay

I’ve seen this too, but the busy pointer is not coming from the SB, it’s coming from the Forum window. I’ll follow up with Mike, since he may ignore this thread
based on the subject.