Sever Output on

We are having a very strange problem with Navigatory 5.5.4.847 (and 742). When we select * from dual with serveroutput on it will not return. If we run the same select in sqlplus it works fine, if we connect to a different database in 5.5 it works fine if we use Nav 6.2 against that same database it works fine. We did delete in the registry the Docking Windows entry, this did not help. Any ideas?

One additional note, the user who had this happen had not yet upgraded, his 5.x was working up until yesterday. Me I do not use 5.x much, I use 6.2. But this did happen to me as well when I brought up my old 5.x.
Message was edited by: DaleFromLozier

One more note… This is what sqlmonitor had:

Timestamp: 13:10:34.827
[“Describe only” statement]
select * from dual

Timestamp: 13:10:34.827
select * from dual

When I run it against a different database I get:

Timestamp: 13:12:38.972
[“Describe only” statement]
select * from dual

Timestamp: 13:12:38.987
select * from dual

Timestamp: 13:12:39.065
begin
sys.dbms_output.Get_Line(:LINE, :STATUS);
end;
LINE =
STATUS = 1

Message was edited by: DaleFromLozier

Hi Dale,

“When we select * from dual with serveroutput on it will not return” - do you mean it didn’t return the result set? The result set should always be displayed regardless of what is set to ‘serveroutput’. Maybe screenshots that show the difference between 5.5 and 6.* will help clarifying this.

Gwen

basically the cursor hour glassed and never came back. We had to end task. However, today it is working fine. If it happens again I will screen shot it and send that.