Sql Nav 6.1 Show Statistics toolbar button

When customizing my toolbar, I found a toolbar button for “show statistics”. This is apparently a toggle. I don’t notice any difference when I toggle the button. The help file only mentions it as a command but doesn’t say what it is supposed to do. Interestingly, I do not see a corresponding menu item for this.

I was hoping that it would provide similar statistics as SQLPLUS AUTOTRACE. I saw in a post in this forum all the way back to 2006 that this feature has been requested and that you guys were supposedly going to look into implementing it.

So anyway, the question is what does the toolbar button “show statistics” do?

Hi Charles,

Show Statistics is an option under Tools > Formatter Tools. When the option is toggled and the code is formatted, information about the script is displayed in the output window. Please refer to the screenshots.

Thanks for pointing this out to us, I will raised a request to have the help file updated.

Gwen
with_show_statistics.gif

Hi Charles,

Show Statistics is an option under Tools > Formatter Tools. When the option is toggled and the code is formatted, information about the script is displayed in the output window. Please refer to the screenshots.

Thanks for pointing this out to us, I will raised a request to have the help file updated.

Gwen
without_show_statistics.bmp

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn’t thinking about formatting statistics at all!