sql nav cache

I have a developer that is executing a select * on a table. first 250 records come fine, but when he selects the rest of the data in the table - it kills his nav. (nav becomes slow, unresponsive, klugy. It does not appear to refresh the screen and be as snappy as nav usually is…)

I was thinking to delete his cache file and let nav build another one- but I don’t remember when that file is and I don’t know if that still exists.

Hi Henry,

User data files of SQL Navigator are saved in %appdata%\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.x.x, and the registry settings is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest
Software\SQL Navigator 7.x.x. I would suggest you to rename the existing folder to keep a backup.

Thanks,

Vincent

Are we able to change the location of application data for quest software. For some crazy reason my company has decided to lock me out of the application data directory. I even have admin access on my machine but they managed to lock me out of this directory. WHY? I have no idea. Not sure what they think they are protecting. Can this become something we can configure as a preference in sql nav and put the application data in our own favorite location?