Toad World® Forums

SQL Navigator 6.2 - Switching between SQL editor windows using Ctrl-Tab

Hi,

I used SQL Navigator 5.5 previously and is already so accustomed to switching between SQL editors using Windows Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab. I am a keyboard guy…

But since upgrading to SQL Navigator 6.2, I miss that functionality. Now the Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab switches the Session windows instead of SQL editor windows, which I think is less useful. I believe people will switch between SQL editor more than session.

Is there another shortcut key for switching between SQL editor windows? Or is there a way to make this as a preference (switching editor instead of session windows)?

Thanks.

The shortcut you are looking for is F6/Shift+F6.

Regards,
Roman

Awesome! Never know about that shortcut. Thank you Roman!!

Follow-up question, can we configure the shortcut key so we can tie it back to Ctrl-Tab / Ctrl-Shift-Tab?

Thanks.

Unfortunately not. We have no way to configure shortcuts, and Ctrl+Tab is reserved by Windows for switching MDI windows.

Roman

OK, Thank you Roman for the lightning response!

Hi,

If you would like to have the code editors back to like 5.5 has, there’s an option in preferences for you: View -> Preferences, General -> Session: Allow multi Code Editor windows per session. When you check this option, Ctrl + M will open a new code editor window(MDI window) and now you can switch between it and previous code editor using Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vincent