SQL Recall - Bottom pane

Version 12.0

What is the purpose of the readonly pane at the bottom of the SQL Recall window?

To prevent editing of the SQL. :slight_smile:

The History tab uses read-only memo at the bottom because it displays statements that you’ve previously executed. Similar to browser history you can see where you’ve been before, but you can’t change it. However, you can move statements from History tab to Saved. Once a statement is saved it’s yours to modify and organize as you see fit and it will not be automatically removed in time.

Michael

Actually, Michael,

I've been meaning to report this and obviously haven't. Right now, the bottom pane on the history for me is squished to the bottom and won't open back up. If I manually change the setting in my ini file to show the pane, it is always empty and still not resizable.

That might be where the question is coming from. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: SQL Recall - Bottom pane

Reply by Michael Staszewski
To prevent editing of the SQL. :slight_smile:

The History tab uses read-only memo at the bottom because it displays statements that you've previously executed. Similar to browser history you can see where you've been before, but you can't change it. However, you can move statements from History tab to Saved. Once a statement is saved it's yours to modify and organize as you see fit and it will not be automatically removed in time.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Right now, the bottom pane on the history for me is squished to the bottom

Can you still see the bottom area? I thought the size there may have been stored in pixels so that a change in screen resolution could make it too small, off screen, etc. It looks like I'm saving it as a percentage of the screen height to avoid such problems though. Shoot me your Toad.ini and Mainform*.lay files (michaelstaszewskiquest.com) and afterwards remove the SQL_RECALL_MEMO_SIZE line from Toad.ini and start Toad and see if that gets you back up and running.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks for the offline files, Phyllis. I’ve made a change so that the SQL panel can be no smaller than the minimum allowed size in case the value stored to INI is no good.

Michael

Nice! I'm glad my mess helped you on this. :slight_smile: It will be nice to get it back working like it should.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: SQL Recall - Bottom pane

Reply by Michael Staszewski
Thanks for the offline files, Phyllis. I've made a change so that the SQL panel can be no smaller than the minimum allowed size in case the value stored to INI is no good.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Michael - Sorry for being dense but I don’t get it. The top part of the History tab is not editable either so what’s the additinal benefit of mirroring the statement in yet another readonly pane at the bottom?

The top only shows a few lines, the bottom shows the entire statement. For small SQL there is no benefit, but if your statement is many lines the top preview may not be enough to differentiate one statement from another.

I thought the Expand/Collapse options on the top part’s right-click context menu was sufficient. Anyway, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.