When I use SQL Tracker to monitor "w3wp.exe" process, I get the error.

When I use SQL Tracker to monitor “w3wp.exe” process in win 7 and IIS 7, I get the error: “Failed to create remote thread; error=8 (Not enough storage is available to process this command.)”

I’m having the same problem. I tried getting support from Dell on SQL Tracker, but all I got back was a note saying “Quest Support does not provide support assistance for SQL Tracker when monitoring 3rd party products” like w3wp.exe.

Not sure what good SQL Tracker is when it can’t be supported for such a common use case.

The same reply I also got and they said try putting the query on this forum, you might get some help. But till now no good luck.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:58 AM, daniel.maloney bounce-danielmaloney@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: When I use SQL Tracker to monitor "w3wp.exe" process, I get the error.

Reply by daniel.maloney
I'm having the same problem. I tried getting support from Dell on SQL Tracker, but all I got back was a note saying "Quest Support does not provide support assistance for SQL Tracker when monitoring 3rd party products" like w3wp.exe.

Not sure what good SQL Tracker is when it can't be supported for such a common use case.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

SQL Tracker will monitor products that connect to Oracle via the OCI. I don’t know what w3wp.exe is, but if it uses some other method to connect and communicate with Oracle, that’s why SQL Tracker won’t work with it.

The first question is what version of SQL Tracker are you using? SQL Tracker was originally written to help with Quest branded Oracle software to help users see queries passed through the OCI dlls.

The most current version requires several files including some Microsoft redistributables in order to run properly. It sounds like you are possibly missing one or more of them.

Here is the current list of required files:

dbghelp32.dll

dbghelp64.dll

DellSecTech.dll

detoured32.dll

detoured64.dll

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

sm_qsauth.dll

sqldbmon.exe

sqlmon_dll32.dll

sqlmon_dll64.dll

sqlmon_proxy32.dll

sqlmon_proxy64.dll

wmmap32.dll

wmmap64.dll

Hi Ajeet,

If you read your question as though someone else wrote it, there’s not much information here for someone to try and help you, which leads to questions like:

1. What version of SQL Tracker?
  2. What version of Toad was it bundled with?
  3. What version of Windows 7? (e.g. SP1? 32 or 64 bit?)
  4. What specific Oracle client is IIS using?
  5. Did you try the debug option listed in SQL Tracker’s help?
  6. What are your PC’s resources? (e.g. RAM, disk, free and used amounts)
  7. Does your PC meet the requirements for using SQL Tracker?
  8. Are you toggling the process list to include all processes, including those not using an Oracle Client?
    Let us know!

Rich

Hi Liss,

The version which I am using of SQL Tracker is 3.0.1.70. Can you please provide the link from where I can download the above mentioned dlls.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Gregory Liss bounce-GTDG@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by Gregory Liss
The first question is what version of SQL Tracker are you using? SQL Tracker was originally written to help with Quest branded Oracle software to help users see queries passed through the OCI dlls.

The most current version requires several files including some Microsoft redistributables in order to run properly. It sounds like you are possibly missing one or more of them.

Here is the current list of required files:

dbghelp32.dll

dbghelp64.dll

DellSecTech.dll

detoured32.dll

detoured64.dll

msvcp100.dll

msvcr100.dll

sm_qsauth.dll

sqldbmon.exe

sqlmon_dll32.dll

sqlmon_dll64.dll

sqlmon_proxy32.dll

sqlmon_proxy64.dll

wmmap32.dll

wmmap64.dll

It looks like you’re using the version of SQL Tracker that came with Toad 11. They have a slightly different set of files:

dbghelp32.dll

dbghelp64.dll

detoured32.dll

detoured64.dll

Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

msvcm80.dll

msvcp80.dll

msvcr80.dll

QuestTech.dll

sm_qsauth.dll

sqldbmon.exe

sqlmon_dll32.dll

sqlmon_dll64.dll

sqlmon_proxy32.dll

sqlmon_proxy64.dll

SQLTracker.chm

symbols

wmmap32.dll

wmmap64.dll

You should see them in the \SQLTracker folder.

this error usually pops up if you try to watch a process running in other user’s session.

you have to run the tracker within the same user session as the w3wp process.

emha.

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please let me now how can I make the tracker run under NetworkService as w3wp.exe runs under this.

Regrads

Ajeet.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:40 AM, emha bounce-emha@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by emha
this error usually pops up if you try to watch a process running in other user's session.

you have to run the tracker within the same user session as the w3wp process.

emha.

there is a way how to get into service’s session but it is rather complicated.

and it will not help you in your particular case since, AFAIS, w3wp make DB connections in threads and SQL tracker is not capable of watching single threads within a process.

your better option is to trace it on DB level.

emha.

SQL Tracker used to work great for me in Toad 8, I was at that time on Windows XP using Oracle 9i and Oracle instant client 10.2 - I had no problem using SQL Tracker to monitor Tomcat 5- It worked like a dream- a valued tool. A year some latter- I’m upgraded to Windows 7, Oracle 11 g, and Tomcat 6. SQL Tracker no longer works “Failed to create remote thread; error=8 (Not enough storage is available to process this command.)” I’m most frustrated so any help would be most appreciated. And thanks!

Regarding the list of DLL’s- where do they get deployed?